Sunday, February 14, 2010

My EDGE

Today, I made a choice to be my very own person, at whatever the cost.  I can't lose my edge.  My daddy has always used the word "sassy" to describe me.  A great lawyer whom I professionally admire told me I am "full of piss and vinegar," and that's why I would make a good lawyer.  Sometimes being with someone means compromising to a fault; to avoid conflict; to avoid drama. 
Today, I decided-

I can never lose my edge.
My FIERCE...
My FIERY...
My PASSIONATE...
My SHARP-
Edge.

Teetering though I do on the edge of the abyss, I go between restless and apathetic, passionate and then lack of motivation.  It's easy to let the system kick you down.

But, NO.
The edge of the abyss is where I get my edge.  It's a precarious balancing act, but worth its weight in gold.  I wager everything I own on it.  That edge does not compose me; I compose it.  I'm safeguarding it better this time. 

Fortunately, nothing is irreversible. 
Moving forward, I know that I could lose and find myself ten times in the same week. 
But, what next?


You'll have to check back in and find out.

No comments: